Monday, November 21, 2011

Exploring Nokia 701 - Day VII


Apps are the life for socially connected people like me. Some statistic on social media usage revealed that people connect to this life more through apps than through the browser. Such is the case with me as well. Twitter, Facebook, Foursquare and Gmail apps are my lifeline. There was a time when I would not use any of these sites except occasionally. It was a pain to even think of accessing any of these on the phone. But things have changed now. Specially after using the Nokia 701 for some time, I can definitely conclude that things have changed for the better.

I tried around 7 to 8 off apps for remaining connected on social-media however none of them even remotely comes to the experience that Gravity provides. Gravity for Symbian is one of the best apps for connecting to the social networks across the various operating systems that I have experienced. It enabled me to post updates, upload images, check notifications, etc. across all these websites all at once. What makes it better is not just the functionality but also the aesthetics of the UI which is simple to understand, experience and enjoy. This is probably the only app I would not mind paying for the price that it comes at.

The Gmail app is something that I need to remain connected to the world for work and otherwise. On the Nokia 701, this is something that they have got right. I received updates whenever I would receive new mails and it is easy to check mails, open attachments, edit them, compose new mails, etc.

The other most use app is the camera app on the Nokia 701. What makes this interesting is the fact that it comes with advanced editing functions, filters, etc. that can completely change any picture not shot well into something interesting. It also has functions to distort pictures (I used to distort people’s faces) and make cartoons out of them.

Asphalt 5 is the gaming app that opened the world of serious gaming for me on a phone. I could never come to convince myself about playing proper games on the phone earlier. Then Nokia 701 with Asphalt 5 happened. The phone had motion sensors and the game converts your handset into a steering wheel. Couldn’t get better for me.

The other interesting app that I can talk about is Maps, since it comes with a husky female voice guiding you with directions. A guy would get easily lost in the magic of her voice.

Apart from these, the other apps that I like using on the Nokai 701 are Music Player, Angry Birds, Shazam, FM Radio, Nokia Store, Get Glue, etc. They decorate my home screen along with the graphic image of a gothic girl in black and white and help me be myself in the virtual and the real world.


Follow me on TwitterRahul Chawra on Twitter 

1 comment:

  1. you have an awesome blog , i learned few things from your blog and you inspire me to work on my blog too.
    Regards
    Kumar Gaurav

    ReplyDelete