Monday, November 21, 2011

Exploring Nokia 701 - Day I


Let me set the context before I start my seven day journey with Nokia 701.

I do not understand the intricacies of hardware that goes inside these devises and don’t wish to find out either. I am just a hopeless romantic who falls for smart devices because of the way they look and the way they behave. I love them for what they enable me to do without being too concerned with all that has gone into its making.

Then comes the not-so-sane part about my relationship with devises. I unconsciously end up comparing great phones to great women and poor phones with the kind of women I don’t like. In fact, I get to spend more time with my devises when compared to the rationed time I get to spend with my girl. No wonder I love my smart phone quite a lot.

With this being the backdrop, I received the Nokia 701 with NFC J

By now you would have guessed that I have huge expectations from any phone that I use. The same is true even with Nokia 701 which I will torture-test over the next couple of days.

“Yes, she looks good,” is what the voice from within said when I first held the Nokia 701 in my hand. However, me being me felt that good looks are not enough and more had to be seen/ understood. The phone I received has a silver-grey-steel exterior with a matt finish. Not too loud like those wannabe celebrities, neither cold-grey as those women with a dead-pan expression for every kind of emotion. Not too slim like those super-models on a perpetual hunger-strike, neither bulky as those women seen on posters outside B-grade theatres. The Nokia 701 seems to have just the right balance of a great figure (with the curves) and the adorable skin tone.

So it did clear the first test for me which was all about me wanting to use the phone.

Once I switched on the phone the bright screen lit up with a bunch of icons. They danced to the tunes that my fingers played. As I changed the tempo and broke the rhythm, it responded with ease. For a moment I felt like performing a Salsa number with a partner who caught up with every new step I took and balanced in perfect elegance.

I felt happy. Gone as those days when I would be okay with someone whose doesn’t know how to move around gracefully. The touch interface on the Nokia 701 felt like one of those graceful women.

I decided to insert my SIM card and try out things further over the next couple of days. For now, I was happy with the way the phone looked, the smooth touch interface and the bright display. My day at work progressed and I continued to use the phone without facing any issue (except the usual trouble of not having any of the contacts saved.)

While returning home in the evening, I used the headphones and enjoyed the sound clarity. Didn’t realize when I reached home. Day one was good. 


Follow me on TwitterRahul Chawra on Twitter 

No comments:

Post a Comment