Monday, November 21, 2011

Exploring Nokia 701 - Day II


As I continue using the Nokia 701, I can’t help thinking about how far mobile technology has come from what it used to be. Incidentally, the evolution of mobile phones over the last couple of decades has coincided with the kind of women I have liked from my childhood days in a small town to the corporate-yet-crazy life in an urban metropolitan jungle today. I guess I need to throw more light on this story of mine to convey my thoughts better.

As a kid, I was brought up in a small town where one never got to see too many attractive looking girls. The only women I used to interact with were the ones who were a part of the family. The other good looking girls would usually remain indoors.

Thus, whatever women I got to see (and my exposure at that time was really limited), were the ones who were not good looking at all, course in the mannerisms and behavior, plump and mysterious.

So was the case with the first generation of mobile phones during these times. They were like these large blocks which evoked no emotion whatsoever. I had no clue what their function was apart from a few people in the town showing them off to others.

As I grew up and moved to a city, I was fortunate to get a chance to interact with different kinds of women. Some pretty, some cute and some intelligent. I got to see several shades to womankind which I never knew existed.

This was also the time when mobile phones were no longer pencil boxes. The big thing was the introduction of poly-phonic ringtones. I can never forget the first time I saw a camera embedded in a mobile phone. Colour screen and wallpapers happened. And so did music and video recording. I started believing that a mobile phone can be more than just a machine to talk and send text messages.

Over the next couple of years, as I understood that women are so much more than my narrow understanding about them earlier, I also started being exposed to mobile phones which could do so much more than what I could ever imagine.

This sub-conscious comparison has continued since.

Today when I see the NFC offering in the Nokia 701 that I am using, I once again relate it to today’s women for whom the whole world is within reach and anything is achievable. With NFC, connecting and sharing between two devises happens with a tap. I feel that it is only a matter of time when this technology will revolutionize the way we connect any two gadgets (such as television, music systems, washing machines, etc.), the way we shop the way we gather information and the manner in which data is shared between people. There is no end to the number of possibilities which NFC can bring to reality. 


Follow me on TwitterRahul Chawra on Twitter 

No comments:

Post a Comment